In exercise sports, sitting leg curl is a famous and effective exercise, I believe everyone is familiar with it. Of course, if a person insists on training the sitting leg curls, there are many benefits to the person’s body, but many people don’t know where to practice sitting leg curls. So, what muscles do sitting leg curls train? Let’s take a look together below.
The essentials of sitting leg curls
1. Adjust the barbell according to your height. Sit on the machine with your back resting on the back cushion.
2. Place the back of the lower leg on the mat (a few centimeters below the calf), and make sure that the backing ring is against your thigh and above your knees. Then grab the handles on both sides of the instrument, with your toes pointing forward (or you can use the other two positions), and make sure your legs are fully straight in front of you. This is the starting position of the action.
3. While exhaling, pull the instrument rod as far as possible towards the back of your thighs and bend your knees. Keep your torso still. Stay in the most tense muscle position for 1 second.
4. While inhaling, slowly return to the starting position.
Variation: Since you can use three footsteps, you actually did three exercises.
Seated leg curl precautions
1. When curling, the angle between the big and calf is not less than 60 degrees, otherwise the quality of the action will be affected.
2. Do not fully straighten your legs when restoring the calves, and do not lock the knee joints to prevent injury.