The importance of protein in bodybuilding training
1. raw material for muscle growth 2. replenish glycogen consumed by exercise
How to supplement protein?
1. The daily requirement of protein, generally 1 to 1.5 grams per kilogram of body weight per day, and should increase the intake of high quality protein from animals such as eggs, milk, lean meat and legumes.
2. protein in the body needs 2 to 4 hours to be completely digested and absorbed, so protein must be constantly replenished, and not too much at one time. This is the reason why bodybuilders have to eat more than one meal a day on time. For bodybuilding exercisers, a reasonable number of meals per day is 5 to 6 meals.
3. half an hour or an hour of rest after training (heavy training) that should be supplemented with carbohydrates and protein to replenish the consumed glycogen and accelerate the recovery process.
4. The meal after training should avoid the intake of more difficult to digest protein foods, such as chicken, beef, steak, etc.; instead, you should choose milk, eggs, high protein powder and other easily digestible foods, the purpose is to deliver sufficient amino acids in time to provide raw materials for muscle growth.
Do not overdo the protein supplement
The more protein you eat, the better. Some friends eat a lot of high-protein food a day in order to supplement protein, which is not only unhelpful but also harmful to the average bodybuilder.
1. Too much protein intake will increase the burden on the stomach and intestines, which is not conducive to the absorption of nutrients.
2. Urea, ammonia and other metabolic wastes also increased, increasing the burden on the liver and kidneys.
3. The metabolites of protein are acidic, too much protein will increase the acidity of the body, easy to fatigue, reducing the efficiency of exercise.
4. too much protein intake will also increase the amount of calcium excretion in the body, which in the long run will cause osteoporosis.
5. too much protein intake can also be converted into neutral fat storage in the subcutaneous, making people fat.
So for newcomers to fitness drink muscle building powder or protein powder? How to consume?
For newcomers to fitness should choose to consume protein powder. Here we recommend the consumption of whey protein powder. Whey protein powder has high purity, low fat and lactose content, easy to digest and high absorption rate, with the best amino acid ratio, known as the “king of protein”.
In the morning, when you wake up. This is the time when your body needs more protein, and whey protein powder has a fast absorption rate and can stop your body from consuming your muscles in time for catabolism.
1-2 hours before training. Pre-training supplementation is mainly to provide the body with kinetic energy.
1-2 hours after training. After training the body begins to replenish the energy expended during exercise through anabolism, and also helps in the repair of muscle fibers.